Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Broccoli and Cauliflower with Tomato Gravy
1/3 Cup Butter, cubed
1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 Can Dei Fratelli Petite Diced, strained
Broccoli and Cauliflower
1 Head Broccoli
1 Head Cauliflower
3oz. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Tomato Gravy
1. In a small sauce pan add cubed butter, flour, and milk and set to medium high. Stir to combine ingredients until it forms a thick sauce. About 4 minutes.
2. Lower heat to low and stir in cheese in batches until completely melted.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Take the sauce off of the heat and gently fold in strained Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes. Set the sauce to the side.
5. Preheat oven to 425°F.
6. Cut cauliflower and broccoli into florets and mix in a large bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper.
7. Place broccoli and cauliflower onto two sheet trays taking care not to overcrowd. Place sheets in oven and cook until lightly brown, about 20-25 minutes.
8. Carefully remove broccoli and cauliflower from oven and place in serving dish.
9. Ladle tomato gravy over broccoli and cauliflower and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 4 min | Cook Time: 25 min