Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
1/3 Cup Butter, cubed)
1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 14.5oz can Dei Fratelli Petite Diced, strained
4 Pieces Thick Sliced Bread (sourdough recommended)
8 Pieces Thick Sliced bacon
8 Slices Yellow Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 Thick Sliced Turkey. About 1/2 pound each (from deli recommended)
4 Cup Tomato Gravy recipe
4 Green Onion Tops, chopped
1. In a small sauce pan add cubed butter, flour, and milk and set to medium high. Stir to combine ingredients until it forms a thick sauce. About 4 minutes.
2. Lower heat to low and stir in cheese in batches until completely melted.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Take the sauce off of the heat and gently fold in strained Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes. Set the sauce to the side.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Cook bacon as per instructions and place on paper towel to cool down.
7. Line bread on a large sheet tray. Add turkey, bacon and cheese in that order to the bread.
8. Ladle gravy onto sandwiches and place sheet tray into oven.
9. Cook sandwiches in oven until cheese is melted, and sauce just begins to brown, about 5-6 min.
10. Carefully remove sheet tray from oven and remove sandwiches using spatula.
11. Garnish with chopped green onion and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 18 min | Cook Time: 5 min