Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Spicy Brussel Sprouts
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 cup White Onion, Sliced into Strips
1/2 cup Water
1 tsp. Garlic, Minced
1/2 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
1/2 Tbsp.. Clover Honey
1 cup Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Add the vegetable oil; it should quiver and lightly smoke in the pan.
2. Carefully add the halved Brussel Sprouts to the pan and allow them to brown and cook – about 3 minutes – and then stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Carefully add the halved Brussel Sprouts to the pan and allow them to brown and cook – about 3 minutes – and then stir with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the water. Let the water evaporate. Once the pan is almost dry, add the tomato and the remainder of the ingredients.
5. Bring to a simmer and cook for another minute or until the sprouts appear glazed and the tomato clings to their leaves.
To Use: Serve this as a hot side dish to an accompanying meal, or as a spicy meatless Monday option.
Chef Tip: Remove the chili garlic sauce if you desire something less spicy - or add Tabasco sauce for a different kind of heat. And, of course, if never hurts to add cheese.
Prep Time: 12 min | Cook Time: 10 min