Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups Milk
4 cups Shredded Cheese (sharp cheddar, muenster, Colby, etc.)
2 cups Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes
1 head Broccoli cut into small florets
1. Boil water in a large pasta pot. Add pasta and cook per the pasta instructions.
2. In another large pot, melt the butter on a medium low heat. When the butter is melted, add the flour and mix well to create a roux.
3. Add milk and combine. Allow the milk and roux to cook out for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is of a velvety consistency.
4. Add the shredded cheese and stir to combine well.
5. Add the cooked pasta to your sauce along with the Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes and broccoli.
6. Pour into a baking dish or serve from the pot.
Chefs Tip: Add milk to the sauce before you add the pasta if you desire a thinner sauce. Be sure to cut your broccoli florets small to ensure they cook evenly. If you desire larger broccoli pieces, microwave covered in water for a minute and a half.
Prep Time: 7 min | Cook Time: 20 min