Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Carrots and Cranberry Salsa
1 oz. vegetable oil
1 cup water
1/ 1/2 Cup Cranberry Salsa recipe (Get Cranberry Salsa Recipe)
1. Place oil in large sauté pan over high heat. Allow pan to get hot, about 3 minutes. Carefully add carrots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring the carrots periodically.
2. Carefully add the water, allow to evaporate, about 5 minutes.
3. When all of the water is gone remove pan from heat and pour carrots into a mixing bowl.
4. Allow the carrots to cool for about 3 minutes.
5. Add meat and cook thoroughly, stirring throughout about 8 minutes.
6. Once meat is cooked, add all tomato product and stir.
7. In a small mixing bowl combine: salt, sugar, chili powder and flour and mix until fully blended. Add this dry seasoning mix to the pot and stir in well.
8. Add the beans and the bay leaf and stir in gently taking care not to smash the beans.
9. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for about 70 minutes.
10. Taste before serving, adding more salt if desired. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with sour cream, cheese, diced onion or hot peppers. If a spicier chili is desired, stir in several dollops of hot sauce before covering on the simmer.
Prep Time: 7 min | Cook Time: 16 min