Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Blackbean "Vegan Meatball" w/Spaghetti Squash
1 14 oz. Can Dei Fratelli Tomato Sauce
2 1/2 Cups Cooked White Rice
1 Cup Black Bean (drained)
1 14.5 oz. Can Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican, drained (1/3 Cup for recipe, reserve remaining for garnish)
1 Cup Garbanzo Bean, drained, ground
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roast squash flesh side down until tender, about 40 minutes.
2. Cook rice as per box instructions and cool down.
3. In a food processor, ground the garbanzo beans into a paste.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix together the cool rice, black beans and Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes.
5. Take 1 1/3 Cup of the mixture from step three and add to the ground garbanzo beans in the food processor. Blend together until incorporated.
6. Take mixture from the food processor in step four and add back to the mixture in the bowl from step three along with the seasoning and mix together.
7. Take one ounce each of mix and roll into balls.
8. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add meatballs, turning them in the pan periodically until golden brown. About seven minutes.
9. Scrape the squash out with a fork and add to a sauté pan on medium heat. Add Dei Fratelli Sauce to pan and mix thoroughly.
10. Serve squash in a bowl and add black bean balls. Garnish with parsley.
Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 55 min