Dei Fratelli Tomato Recipe
Kung Pow Chicken
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas
1/4 Cup Scallion Chopped
1 Small Can Water Chestnuts
1 1/2 Cups Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes
Jalapeño, thin slice for garnish
Peanuts, crushed for garnish
2 Tbsp. White Wine
2 Tbsp. Soy
2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
2 tsp. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1 Tbsp. Water
1. Combine white wine, soy, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, and brown sugar. Mix to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, add oil over high heat. When oil shimmers, carefully add chicken in one even layer and let sauté for four minutes.
4. When chicken is golden brown on one side, flip over in pan and cook another two minutes. When chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside.
5. Return pan to medium heat and add the first sauce mixture. Allow to heat through. Make sure cornstarch and water is fully mixed and add to pan with rest of sauce mixture. Continuously mix to thicken the sauce.
6. Take off heat and add chicken, snap peas, scallions, water chestnuts and return to heat.
7. Add Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes and mix in pan until snap peas are cooked and bright green.
8. Remove from heat and serve on top of rice or pasta. Garnish with jalapeños and peanuts.
Prep Time: 7 min | Cook Time: 12 min